Test Case Creation Hands-On Workshop
Power Packed Full-Day Session Of Interactive Exercises To Build Your Knowledge FAST!
Classes offered in San Ramon, CA and onsite at your facility
NOW OFFERING WEEKEND WORKSHOPS! We are here to accommodate your busy schedule at work. Advance your career with low or no impact to your work week.
While Online or e-Learning may appear to be a practical solution, only in a small group can a student develop properly. Training is an inevitable part of any business, but depending on an e-Learning solution can make learning less engaging, and, in the process, less effective. Our trainers heavily interact and engage with our students to find out what they need to know, and how they need to learn it. Student feedback is highly valuable, something not possible with an e-Learning class.
This is an Instructor-led hands-on workshop. Learn the why, when, where, and what to test using a live software application.
This Test Case Creation workshop is a power packed full-day session of interactive exercises covering topics from requirements review, test case development, test design techniques, regression testing, defect management, and provides dozens of software testing tips & tricks.
Through both short presentations and detailed exercises involving a live web application, the students of this class develop an understanding of the DOs and DON'Ts of writing effective test cases - test cases that are designed to find defects and also covers most of the scenarios on the software system under test.
This workshop is designed for software test professionals to acquire practical knowledge of the concepts of effective test case writing. It is intended for software testers, test managers, and software engineers. The workshop also benefits those who need an understanding of quality software testing and it's deliverables to software projects, such as project managers, quality engineers / managers, functional managers, and business / requirements analysts.
Workshop Tuition Includes
- Instructor-led one-day workshop
- Workshop notebook with all slides
- USB Flash Drive containing all workshop materials, Good Requirements Checklist, Template for Writing Test Cases, Top 20 Tips and Tricks for Testing Any Application, DOs and DON"Ts Checklist for Writing Effective Test Cases, Software Tools for Efficient Software Test Design, Defect Management Template, and more!
- Certificate of Completion
- One hour free practical consulting on your project
Evolution & Fundamentals of Software Testing
- Problems and symptoms of software testing today
- Importance of organized testing
- Role of software testing
- The seven testing principles
- Differences between testing in Agile versus sequential lifecycles
Writing and Review Software Requirements
- Functional requirements
- Non-functional requirements / quality attributes
- User Stories
Test Design Techniques
- Analyzing Requirements
- Nominal testing
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- State Diagrams
- Pairwise Testing
Testing in the Absence of Requirements
- Documented versus undocumented Requirements
- Other test basis
- Modeling software behavior
- Retesting versus Regression
Testing in an Agile World
- Differences in testing in Agile versus sequential models
- Test automation
- Writing test cases to support automation
- Logging, verifying, and closing defects
- Creating effective defect metrics
- Defect trending and clustering
- Risk-based testing via defect metrics
If you have 6 or more students, save time and money with our on-site instruction at your facility. Learn more by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-In 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Morning Session 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 p.m
Afternoon Session 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.